Storytelling With Crafts
A Storytelling Workshop incorporating the making and use of various crafts as props
A 3 hour workshop focusing on storytelling skills using homemade props
|Date:||10 Jun 2012|
3.30pm - 6.30pm
This workshop is a continuation of Telling Stories To Young Children: A 3 hour workshop focusing on storytelling skills especially for a young audience.
This workshop is based on various simple crafts.
This workshop will demonstrate 3 craft concepts that a parent can make either by themselves or with a child.
The crafts are linked and connected to the stories as character-based items.
The workshop will also focus on how to use these craft items to tell a story effectively.
This workshop is about personalization of the characters and props and making it special for you and your child.
Possible crafts that can be incorporated in this workshop:
1. Popsicle stick paper puppets - silhouettes / cut-outs
2. Cardboard roll (inner core) - standing characters / objects for diorama setting
3. Stone painting - character faces / bodies
4. Story Theatre - background and 2 movable characters
5. Stiff paper puppets - for articulation as a 'head' for characters